My beloved children

My beloved children

Wednesday, February 1, 2012

Safe and Sound

Two days I spoke to my close friend and roommate Thando from South Africa and excitingly told me that she had found Jonathan just the other day. She was walking in town and just happened to see him. She talked to him for a little bit and he said he had arrived back in Jeffreys Bay about a month ago. She told him I'd be back soon and couldn't wait to see him. I was more then happy as I thought about next month when I arrive back to my South African home that I'll be able to see Jonathan and give him a big hug, and won't have to try and search for him in a prison home for teenage boys.
Now today came the big surprise when I went to the mailbox and found an unexpected package in the mail from Thando. I quickly tore it open to see what possibly could be inside waiting for me. And this is what I found




This was the best present I have ever received! Tears quickly came to my eyes as I looked at this priceless picture of Jonathan all grown up, but still with the same sweet smile I know.
I immediately picked up the phone to call Thando to thank her for the wonderful present. She laughed as she told me she wanted to keep it secret that she had gotten the chance to take this photo with him. She said when she asked him if he wanted to take a picture,he was so excited and also took his own copy with him:)
I praise the Lord for moments and blessings like these. This was truly medicine to my heart.
Thank you Jesus for being the defender of the fatherless and orphaned.

No comments:

Post a Comment